Well, fresh McDonald’s fries have a very delicious taste that you would want to keep eating regardless of how full your belly is. Many people order McDonald’s fries just because of how good they are usually done.
Fast foods are loved by many because they are usually affordable with a perfect taste and convenience. Growing up as young kids, one of the most common food, whether with family or friends, was the McDonald fries.
The pillowy and crunchy texture of these fries is what makes many people love this recipe. This is the reason why they are considered to be among the best fast foods globally.
However, when not hot and fresh, McDonald’s fries just don’t taste good. Like other fries from different chains and restaurants, many people do throw away the leftover fries because of their lousy flavor. They become very hard and somewhat soggy.
Soggy and hard fries are not easy to sell because of their poor quality. So, instead of taking your fries to the trash bin, here are some ideas and tricks from which you can use to bring the fries back to life.
Reheating the fries is the best way to overcome the sogginess and hardness of the leftover fries. It also ensures that you get to consume the fries free from bacteria.
Reheating McDonald fries in an oven
This is one of the most preferred options for reheating your fries. Whether your oven is traditional or modern, reheating your fries becomes more manageable and less messy when you use an oven.
It is not a simple task when you compare it to using a microwave where you just throw the fries in the microwave and set your timer. They always come better when reheated in an oven. The hardness is eliminated.
Here are some instructions you need to follow when reheating your fries using a conventional oven.
- The first step is always to reheat your oven to very high temperatures, usually between 350-450 degrees Fahrenheit.
- For the baking pan or sheet, line it with aluminum foil, and this is to prevent the fries from sticking onto the pan as you reheat them. If you don’t have aluminum foil, you can use parchment paper or apply a cooking spray on the baking pan.
- Spread the fries on your pan and avoid overlapping such that each fry gets the exact amount of temperature while heating. If the fries are too much, divide them into another baking pan to prevent congestion.
- You can spice up your fries before throwing them into the oven. Add salt, herbs, garlic powder, paprika, and oil. Adding spices and fresh herbs gives your fries an additional flavor that was not there when you first ordered from McDonald’
- Place the baking pan inside the oven after the oven has been preheated, then bake the fries for about 3 minutes while taking a closer look as they may quickly get burnt. The intense heat in the oven makes all the difference, and when you aren’t careful, they might turn crispy but black.
- After three minutes, turn or shake your baking pan once you see uneven spots on the fries. The length and time you reheat the fries depend on the type of fries you are heating. Steak fries, for instance, will take a longer time when you are reheating your fries. If the fries aren’t properly reheated, you can return them to the oven while watching them closely.
- Immediately the fries regain the glow and look crispy, remove them from the oven and let them cool before serving because they will be hot.
Reheating McDonald fries in a microwave
Using a microwave to reheat your fries is not recommended. The only advantage is that it is the simplest method you can use to reheat these fries. It comes in handy, especially when you don’t have enough time, but it’s definitely not the best method.
You should also know that using your microwave to reheat McDonald’s fries will not give them the original crunch texture they initially had. However, if you are looking for a soft texture, then using a microwave will give you exactly that.
The steps of reheating your fries in a microwave are less complicated. Here are the steps you need to follow;
- The first step is to lightly coat your fries with oil before placing them in the microwave. The type of oil you use depends on what you love. Ensure that the oil coating is evenly spread.
- Place the lightly coated fries on a microwave-safe plate. They should be covered in paper towels to dab the excess oil.
- Spread the fries evenly on the plate such that the heat can reach the fries evenly.
- Place the microwave-safe plate in the microwave and begin heating the fries. The heating should be at an interval of 20 seconds until the fries reach the heat you desire.
- Please wait for the fries to cool before you eat them. You can also add spices of your choice.
Reheating McDonald fries in an air fryer
Talk about one of the best kitchen appliances you can ever have, and an air fryer tops that list. When it comes to reheating your McDonald fries using an air fryer, the procedures are straightforward and, most importantly, simple.
Here are the steps you need to follow when using an air fryer to reheat your fries.
- Preheat your air fryer to about 350 degrees Fahrenheit, and this should be done for almost two minutes. Preheating should be done before placing the fries in the fryer. Preheating ensures the fries are evenly baked.
- Place the fries in the cooking basket of the air fryer and spread them evenly in the basket. Remember not to put an excessive number of fries because they will not be heated appropriately, and also, your fries will not attain a crispy texture. If the number of fries you have is too much, consider heating them in batches.
- You can then add oil to the fries before you begin preheating. This is optional as you can easily preheat them without the oil.
- Heat the fries for about 3 minutes, then switch off the air fryer and shake the basket. If the heat attained on the fries is not evenly distributed, return the basket to the air fryer, switch it on, and heat again for 2 minutes.
Reheating McDonald fries on a stove
Arguably, this the best method you can use when heating the McDonald’s fries. It is also considered the method similar to how these fries were initially prepared in the restaurant.
Generally, when using a stove to reheat the fries is much like refrying your fries. All you need to do is add some oil in a frying pan, then throw in your fries and refry the fries until they are crisp and golden like just like the way you first ordered them.
Compared to all the possible methods that you can use when reheating the fries, this method is a little complicated. The good news is that you get to have fresher fries than the other methods.
- Set the pan on the stove, then turn the burner on such that the pan gets hot before throwing your McDonalds fries inside it. Depending on how crisp you want your fries to be, using a cast-iron skillet instead of the non-stick pan will be the best alternative. The advantage of using a cast-iron skillet is that it doesn’t lose heat faster. However, you can use the heaviest skillet you have, and that is if you don’t have the cast-iron skillet.
- Add two tablespoons of oil into the skillet and use the canola oil, preferably because it usually has a high smoking point. Heat the oil over medium heat until it begins to simmer. If the fries you are about to reheat are many, consider adding another tablespoon of oil in the skillet.
- Immediately the oil starts smoking, add the leftover fries to the skillet. Scatter the fries evenly over the pan such that heat is spread evenly to each fry. Use a spatula when scattering them and ensure the fries are all coated in oil. Consider heating in batches should the fries be too much to avoid overcrowding the skillet.
- Continuously turn the fries because they will get burnt if they sit on the side for too long. The whole process should take one minute. The thickness of the fries will influence how long they will stay in the pan. Steak fries take the longest time and will last for about 4 minutes.
- After both sides are reheated and cooked, transfer the fries to a tray and let them cool off as they drip off the excess oil. A baking sheet lined with paper towels will do precisely the same thing if you do not have a crisper tray. Add your favorite spices to enhance its taste before serving it while still crispy.
Can you eat McDonald‘s fries cold instead of reheating?
The taste of cold McDonald’s fries is usually not good. Fresh McDonald’s fries do have a very delicious aroma which is not the case with cold fries. The water within the fries moves out of the crystals as the fries cool down, and that’s why it loses its texture.
Furthermore, eating cold foods is not advisable as the food might contain bacteria that may cause you troubles.
Is reheating your fries worth it?
Well, reheating the fries returns them to their original glory. As they cool down, the starch within the potatoes releases a secretion of moisture, making them soggy. So, reheating them is the best option you have.