Some people have interest or passion for home-brewed coffee. Even though some people take it more seriously than the other, it seems like an ordinary everyday activity. Sometimes we all claim to know more about coffee, whereas, we often have more to learn about it and the ways we can make coffee.
How much your personality is expressed in the coffee you make can be very fascinating. If you are looking for something that simplifies the brewing process and brings out the flavor of your coffee, the best percolator might be all you need.
Are you wondering what a percolator is, how it works, which are the top to pick from, how to pick the perfect one for you and many more questions like that?
Don’t worry; we are going to show you the top percolators in the market, answer some of the important questions and share with you some helpful information. With no further ado, let’s take you on a ride.
Let’s take a quick look at the best percolators we have for you.
Best percolator coffee makers to buy in 2021
1. Presto stainless steel coffee maker
This is a great percolator that is capable of making 2 to 12 cups of coffee. It is amazing that it produces one cup of coffee per minute. Your coffee will also automatically be kept hot after brewing.
It features a traditional design and easy-pour spout which provide graceful and attractive coffee service.
The product is forged with durable stainless steel which keeps a lasting beauty and easy cleaning. Its perk tube and filter basket are also made of stainless steel. Additionally, it has a signal light which indicates when the coffee is made.
- It is affordable
- The cord is removable
- You can easily know when the coffee is made as the indicator light serve that purpose
- Some users complained that there are aluminum parts which means it is not overall solid stainless steel
2. Farberware 2 To 12-Cup Stainless Steel Percolator
The Farberware brand ensures this percolator is available in a different capacity to suit all purpose. You can get it in 2-4, 8, or 12 cups option. The percolator is forged with shiny stainless steel.
This amazing feature makes the product look astonishing when serving coffee. Included is a power cord which is detachable for easy storage and service.
It also has the ability to keep the coffee warm after you finish brewing it. The percolator can brew one cup of coffee per minute. This product can be selected as the smallest pick and budget pick.
- The touch handle and lid are cool
- It is an affordable option for most budgets
- Even though it comes in different capacity, you are going to get the same quality across the board
- No visible indicator to let you know when the coffee is made
3. West Bend Classic Electric Percolator
The automatic percolator has an indicator light that shows that the coffee is made and ready to serve. It is forged with stainless steel which makes it stylish, sturdy, and durable. The percolator has the capacity of making 12 cups of coffee.
Included is also a power cord that you can plug for automatic keep warm mode. The cord is also detachable for easy storage. With this percolator, you can enjoy the classical and old taste of coffee. You can be confident of serving a large group of people as it will give the best tasting percolated coffee.
Additionally, you can enjoy non-paper elements from its stainless coffee basket and filters.
- It is easy to clean
- You can easily take it anywhere when you travel
- It has coffee level indicator on the handle
- No spilling or splashing when you pour coffee
- Cord is short
- Makes some noise
4. Hamilton Beach Brands coffee percolator
This product is an electric percolator that can produce up to 12-cups of coffee. It features a light indicator that shows the coffee is ready to be served.
To make the cleaning easy, it has a removable cord. It offers a gentle keep warm heater. Included is also a water-level viewing window.
Adding to its amazing features is the twist-off lid lock and cool-touch handle that comes with it. It also features a permanent basket forged with stainless steel and also a no-drip spout.
- It is easy to clean on the outside, and any coffee stain could be easily removed
- It last longer
- Shows a quality stainless steel construction
- The drain slots is larger, and the cord is short
5. Chinook Timberline Stainless Steel Percolator
A percolator that is constructed of stainless steel. It has the capacity of producing 6-cups of coffee. The percolator features a heat-isolating permawood handle.
This is a great feature that ensures you carry the percolator comfortably without the fear of getting hurt.
Additionally, the percolator has a lid with a plastic knob which makes it easy for you to open, whether when using it or when it is cold.
- It offers secure and precise fit
- The product is dishwasher safe, so you don’t have to worry about stains and messy cleanups
- It is durable
- Some users complained that the spout slightly drips
WHAT IS A PERCOLATOR?
A percolator is a type of machine used for brewing coffee. The machine uses a different process to brew the grounds. The percolator makes up of a pot having a chamber below it.
The chamber is closest to the heat source. A vertical tube leads from the top of the percolator to the chamber. Also, there is a perforated chamber just below the upper end of the vertical tube.
There are two types of percolators. The percolator that involves the use of pressure which is known as “pressure percolator”. Also, the one that involves the use of gravity which is known as “gravity percolator.”
HOW DOES A PERCOLATOR WORK?
The way the percolator works is not hard to understand. The vertical tube gives a chance to the boiling water to travel upwards to the location of the coffee grounds. The water passes through them and drips back to the pot to restart the process again.
Due to this cyclical journey, the boiling water in the percolator passes through the grounds as many times as possible. This process extracts as much rich aroma and flavor as possible.
HOW TO USE AND HOW TO MAKE COFFEE IN A PERCOLATOR
For you to use a percolator, you will need water, grind coffee canephora bean that is coarse, and a heat source. Some of the steps to use a percolator are:
- Firstly, put water in the reservoir or pot. The amount of water should depend on the amount of coffee you will drink. If you will take two mugs of coffee, a four cup of water should do.
- Secondly, put the tube and chamber to the percolator.
- Add your coffee grounds to the basket. For one cup of water, one tablespoon should be enough. Do not use coffee beans that are high in acid. Instead, you should use low acid coffee grounds. This will ensure you avoid unpleasant and bitter coffee.
- Place your percolator on the top of the heat source when the coffee grounds are all set.
- You can have your brewed coffee after waiting for ten minutes for the percolation to complete its cycle.
Watch this video:
HOW TO CLEAN A PERCOLATOR
It is important to clean a percolator regularly. This will help keep it free of oils and clogs that can make coffee taste bitter. Here are some quick cleaning tips for you.
Note: ensure the percolator is cold to touch before starting any cleaning process.
For mid cleaning
- Fill the percolator with water and a reasonable amount of detergent for mild cleaning
- Dismantle the percolator and wash the components thoroughly
- To get rid of the remaining detergent, use clean hot water to rinse the internal parts you have cleaned
- Finally, dry the parts by wiping it and then reassemble
Watch this video:
For deep cleaning
- Fill the percolator with water and vinegar. Ensure they mix in equal part
- Put the mixture in the water section of your percolator, reassemble and switch it on
- Then switch off after a five minutes cycle
- Pour out the mixture after ensuring that the percolator has cooled down
- Use water to rinse out the remaining vinegar and clean the other parts with a dishcloth and mild dish wash detergent
- Check the pump tube and washer for remains and debris. Scrape out if you see any.
- Ensure you percolator dry completely to prevent mold and mildew
HOW TO PICK THE BEST PERCOLATOR FOR YOU
We cannot deny the fact that there are hundreds to thousands of coffee percolator in the market. These are what to consider in when looking for the perfect percolator for you.
- The price– is very important to think about your budget and what you are getting for your money. Compared to other coffee makers, percolators are a less expensive option. Pay attention to the specifications and details of the product. The price of the percolator depends on the size and some other additional equipment you get for it. Research to know the one that perfectly fits your budget. Have it in mind that the best sometimes comes at a higher price, though a higher price does not always mean the best.
- Preparation speed – it depends on the model you pick. A good percolator should not use more than 4-5 minutes for the whole process of coffee brewing.
- Capacity – this should be one of the first considerations before purchasing your percolator. A large percolator will be perfect if you have a lot of people in your home that take coffee. A smaller percolator should work fine if you are the only one taking coffee. The sizes come between 2 to 12 cups capacity.
- Electric or stove top – this often depends on how often you travel, where you live, and how you organize your kitchen. It is the best when you go for a percolator that could keep up with the changes in your life. Electric percolators are simple and easy to use. All you need is to plug it into a power source. However, it might not work fine when there is a power outage. For stove top percolators you could easily use them if you are outdoors.
IT IS TIME TO GIVE YOU THE BARTON
There you have it, the review of the best percolators for you. We believe with the top percolators we have discussed above, you shouldn’t have a problem picking the best for you. In fact, you would not be making a mistake choosing any of the above products.
However, there is one that put the icing on the cake. It is the Hamilton Beach Brands coffee percolator. It is better when it comes to price; it is more affordable. It has all the features that will ensure you satisfy your personal needs and that of your guests.
Do you have something to say? You can use the comment box.